Skip to main content

Accepted Transfer Students

Enrollment Items to Submit

  1. Intent to Enroll/Tuition Deposit Form
  2. Your final high school or GED/TASC transcripts. Financial aid will not be disbursed until this is received.
  3. Your final transcripts from previous colleges or universities with the degree posted.

Students transferring to Buffalo State with an A.A., A.S., B.A., or B.S. degree are expected to:

A. Complete the SUNY GER Basic Communication with a grade of "C" or better, the mathematics requirement and 5 of the remaining 8 categories.

B. Earn a minimum 30 credits in SUNY GER courses.

C. Satisfy the Buffalo State diversity requirement.



Your attendance is required at Orientation.

Set Up Student Accounts

The Information Technology (IT) website can help you with:

  • Accessing computer accounts
  • Email
  • Registration
Student apartment complex

Housing and Meals

Residence Hall Information

Submit your online Residence Hall and Meal Plan application and payment (included in your acceptance package)

After you receive a housing packet:

  1. Get your room assignment
  2. Contact your new roommate
  3. Learn about Residence Hall Services.
Meal plans

 Residents | Commuters


Kenzie scholarship winner

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Update your FAFSA and TAP codes

FAFSA – 002842
TAP - 0905

Financial Aid Office

The Financial Aid Office website can help you with:


Before You Arrive

Button used for back to top


Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.  

Undergraduate Admissions

Buffalo State •  1300 Elmwood Ave  •  Moot Hall 110
Buffalo, NY 14222  •  Phone: (716) 878-4017  •  Fax: (716) 878-6100
E-mail:  •  Staff Directory
Connect with Us